The Software is not working properly and/or is buggy?
Published on: 22-Aug 08:10pm
This can be caused by:
- Being logged in with a different User account (Windows) > Login as the right User
- User does not have Administrator Rights > Update User's Status and Reinstall Software
- An Antivirus or Malware program blocking the software > Mark as safe
- An Installation or Program file that has become corrupted > Reinstall the Software
- A Graphics Card and/or its driver issue > Troubleshoot in Device Manager
- A Memory module issue (RAM) > Run a memory check
Make sure of the following:
- The program must be installed as the Administrator, and;
- The same User who installed the program must be logged in to run the Software.
- Also, make sure the Software has been marked as safe with your antivirus and anti-malware software.
Note: If you are unsure how to do this, go to any search engine and type in: How do I set a program as safe with *insert the name of antivirus program here* and click Search.
If the problem persists:
- Download the most recent build of the Software which can be found at the product's website, reinstall and activate.
- Open Device Manager from Control Panel and look for an problems which are usually highlighted by a yellow icon. Right-click and select Troubleshoot and/or look up the problem on a search engine.
- Run a Memory (RAM) check on your computer. If you are unsure how to do this, look it up on search engine.
- If all else fails: Reinstall Windows and then the Software - Warning! make sure you back up everything important onto an external HDD first!